Monday, December 14, 2009

So I was asked an interesting question at church yesterday- "Erika, do you do drugs?".

Ahh, nope. (this was especially ironic to me since just the day before I saw a man pull out his crack pipe in the middle of McDonald's). Apparently this man (church man, not crack man) had noticed that I always seem perky and happy and well-rested (which I am obviously not all the time). He was trying to find out my secret to being well-rested despite the fact that Carter has rarely (and I mean like five times), slept through the night in his 5+ years.

Okay, here is the secret:

I used to get so angry with God in the night for not making Carter sleep. I mean, He COULD do it. Didn't God see my exhaustion and misery? I KNOW He did. Trust me- I was telling Him about it all night long. One night, it came to me. Give it up. Give up the anger. If God is choosing to allow Carter to wake up 5 times a night, I will trust Him to supply my rest and energy. And guess what? He did it.

Now I'm not saying I never get tired and I definitely enjoy my morning coffee, but God is doing a miracle in my life everyday by providing daily energy for me.

I gave up the anger and He supplied my need.

There it is.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for that! I totally needed to hear that. I need to GIVE IT UP! Not about the sleeping thing necessarily but many other "mom" issues! Thanks, this will now be daily prayer! Miss Ya friend!

    ReplyDelete