Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Fight

So, sadly, our adoption did not get approved in court yesterday. Why? I really don't know. It seems the judge removed the three adoption related cases off his docket and we just don't know why.

This makes me incredibly sad for my little girl who remains an orphan and must go on with her heart un-repaired, at least until the next court date- November 2nd.

One of my first thoughts after I heard this news was how to tell my girls. My girls who sat in our family room listening to our friends and family pouring out their requests to God on behalf of the orphan and, specifically, our case. Would this make them doubt the power of prayer and God's goodness?

Yesterday morning, before we knew we didn't pass, both girls remarked independently to me about how much they loved that prayer time. I admit it came as a surprise to me. It was long and full of words and concepts they didn't understand. Sitota asked when we could do it again. Evelea said she just loved the feeling.

After I told Sitota the bad news, she quickly said "well, can we do the prayer thing again, because I loved that". Wow.

Evelea said, "Let's think of three reasons why this is good". Wow.

In an effort to fight the darkness back, one of my best friends issued a challenge on her blog to sponsor all the waiting girls in Burkina Faso through Compassion International. Wow.

God challenged me this morning to combat my discouragement by writing letters of encouragement to friends who are facing difficult things.

My girls don't give up and neither do I.


5 comments:

  1. ah, wonderful. i love your family and i'm so thankful we could join you in prayer. you guys are so amazing, and we are continuing to lift up this situation to the Lord. <3 carley

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hear how all of you girls in the family have responded to the news is just so beautiful! It's amazing to me that some day soon your beautiful child in Burkina Faso will be able to know the love of such a wonderful mother!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is protecting her. He is protecting you. He is protecting Casey. And He is speaking through Evelea and Sitota. Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete