Saturday, June 13, 2009

Only for You, Lord.



Only for you, Father, would I leave my sweet children and go to Africa.

Today we made friendship bracelets that we will keep on until I return. Tonight, my heart is breaking with the knowledge that in the morning, I will be leaving for Africa. Any mother knows that being physically separated from your children can be physically painful. And yet, I am willing. The temporary pain I will feel as I kiss my children goodbye for the week is nothing compared to the mother who kisses her child goodbye for the last time. And those are the mothers that I will be privileged to serve this week. And those children, those who are dying and those who will be orphaned too soon- those are the ones I will humbly serve with a grateful heart.
God bless you, sweet children! Mommy will be home soon.

1 comment: