Monday, April 19, 2010

So tomorrow is my birthday. I have always adored my birthday and have never been shy about it. So it has come of a little of shock to me that for the first time ever, I am not looking forward to it.

35 just feels different. I had no problem turning 30- I just felt like an official grown-up. But now the years are passing so quickly I feel like in no time I will be OLD.

In a lot of ways, I am okay with this. I mean each day lived is another day closer to heaven! The truth is, I love my life. I love being a mother. I love being a wife. I love my refugee Bible club, and the things I'm involved in at church, and this undying passion God has given me to help the hurting. Maybe I'm afraid that all this will change as I grow old?

I guess it comes down to (once again!), do I trust the Lord with my life or not? I do really think He'd exchange the joy I feel now for something lesser, as I grow older? No way! Not my Father!
"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever." Psalm 23:6

I don't have to love the idea of growing older, but I do love the One who holds all the days of my life in His hands~and I will trust Him with those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment