Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spicy Zucchini Soup

Okay, I altered the original recipe SO much, I hope I can put this into recipe format:

4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
5 chopped garlic cloves (we love garlic)
1 huge approx. 2 pound zucchini, seeds removed, chopped (6 cups?)
1.5 cups mashed potato (you could use 1 1/2 cup chopped day old bread)
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup of water
cayenne pepper to taste
yellow curry powder to taste
salt
pepper

Heat olive oil and onions until translucent. Add garlic and zucchini and saute for 4 minutes, stir often. Sprinkle with salt.

Add mashed potato or bread, broth, water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

Add cayenne, pepper, and curry powder. Puree in blender, food processor, whatever you have. Return soup to pot.


I wish I had a picture of this beautiful green soup. My girls LOVED it (but they are cool like that). I had a plan to add shredded cheese, but they didn't even need that. Yum-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment