Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why am I so tired?

Sleep. Siesta. Slumber. I remember those days...

I counted it up today. In the past 4.5 years, I have slept through the night about 20 times. Since my precious son was born, sleep is a rare commodity. Our sweet boy still gets up about 1-5 times a night that require one or more parents to get him back to sleep.

Precious are those nights I get to sleep all night. Those weekends away with a girlfriend, the night I spent at my mom's just so I could sleep all night, the extremely rare night Carter did happen by some miracle to sleep through the night- too wonderful!!!

I did not include in my count the nights I slept at home while Casey stayed with Carter in the hospital. Those nights would add an additional 45 nights. I decided those nights didn't count because the night before those nights, meant that I was on night duty with Carter at the hospital. On those nights, I maybe would sleep for three total hours. So, I think it is only fair NOT to count those nights.

Yawn.

I think I'm going to take a nap with the little ones today.

2 comments:

  1. Think how much sleep you'll get in Liberia! That is somehow very ironic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I have to travel across the world to get a decent night's sleep!

    ReplyDelete