Friday, July 10, 2009

Fair Trade Coffee, It's not Trendy, It's Biblical!

I am totally convinced that I need to buy ONLY fair trade coffee. I've had this thought for awhile, but being the bargain shopper that I am, it was hard to swallow paying those few dollars more per pound. Well, those days are over!

I mean, how can I call myself a Christian and still buy coffee that I know is being made on the backs of the poor? That is the trouble with having your eyes opened. Once you are made aware of the problem, you have to change!

Here is the scripture that made me say goodbye to unfairly traded coffee forever:

Isaiah 10:1-4
1 Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, 2 to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. New International Version

There is a great coffee shop in Batavia, IL that only sells fairly traded coffee. If you are in the area, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment