Thursday, June 10, 2010

Adoption Update: we have nothing to report.

Ugh.

I find myself vacillating between being extremely anxious and filled with longing to bring our girl home, and finding the sweet spot of contentment, knowing God has everything under control.

I really, really, really thought we'd have her home by now. Since that is not the case, I have decreed unto myself that I will enjoy this summer as much as I can. I thought this summer would be filled with travel plans and heart surgery, but instead it looks more like endless trips to the park, swimming, and toasting marshmallows in the backyard. Not so bad. Maybe I need this time to refuel for the days to come.

A good friend of mine who is adopting from Ethiopia coined a phrase that has become my new mantra- "peace in the process". That is what I need! My mom then came up with "mellow in the meantime". Oh yeah. If that is the hardest challenge before me today- so be it. I accept. I will wait and I will enjoy. I will be still and I will listen. I will have fun and be refreshed. And when Burkina calls- I WILL GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment