Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Heart Update

The decision has been made! Therese will have open heart surgery on May 11th to correct her heart defect- coarctation of the aorta. It will be done at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL by Dr. Ilbawi.

Casey and I had to go through a laborious decision making process to determine what method should be used to correct her heart defect, which surgeon and which hospital. How crazy is it that PARENTS have to make these life altering decisions? In the end, we will be at the same hospital that has time and again saved Carter's life and with the same surgeon. We are comfortable there and have great relationships with the staff. We are so grateful to have such wonderful medical care available to us and we are thrilled to share it with Therese.


"Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me." Psalm 30:2

My prayer this morning is for Therese's birth mother. For a woman who had a child she could not keep. I feel such a glorious obligation to her. I want her to know that her prayers are being answered. How many times did she cry out for her daughter to be healed? How many times did she wish for help that did not come?

We can not imagine how God is answering our prayers, the cries of our hearts. We may not see it, but He is moving. We may only hear silence, but He is orchestrating. I think of the work He started in my heart long ago, in order to bring me to say, "yes" to adopting this girl. I am in awe of His plan. He HEARS us! He ANSWERS prayer! He USES us!

2 comments: