Friday, December 9, 2011

This Mother's Heart


This Christmas season I am thinking a lot about babies, and mothers, and mothers of special babies. I'm thinking about Mary, and the things she pondered in her heart.

Our Safe Families baby, is having a heart cath today, to check his measurements for the open heart procedure he will have on December 19th. He is a little weaker now than he was before. He has had two viruses and requires oxygen continually since he came down with the first virus. After he recovers from his surgery on the 19th, he will go home with his mother.

Time with our children is precious. Their physical and spiritual hearts are fragile and their futures are unknown.

But our children's hearts can be bought, won, and eternally secure.

Am I reaching my children's hearts?

Yes, I give the medicine. 3 of out of the 5 children in my home right now require daily heart medications. I wouldn't go a day without giving the labetalol or the aspirin, but do I speak truth and love and grace into their hearts each day? Do I see them growing in kindness, patience and gentleness? Is my discipline firm and grace-filled? Do they know how they are treasured by the Most High and by me?

"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19

This Christmas season, I, too, am pondering and treasuring.

"And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him. " Luke 2:40

Lord, grow my children to be strong, wise, and grace-filled. Help me to minster right to their hearts. Help me to treasure what you treasure. Be with me as I ponder the wonder of it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment