Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Christmas Spirit

I admit it took me awhile to get into the Christmas spirit this year, but the last two days have finally found me in the sweet spot of the joy and excitement of the season. On Thursday, Evelea and Therese made their acting debut in their school musical. The both were amazing and the evening ended with a little snow in the air that was truly magical!
On Friday, all the kids poured out the elementary school with shouts of joy, glittered ornaments tucked into backpacks, and white elephant gifts on display. In all the exuberant hustle and bustle, there is Carter, shuffling along, muttering, "one more day". "What little buddy?", I questioned, "Sweetie, today is it! The last day of school before Christmas break!". You should have seen the boy's face light up! How he missed that it was it was the last day, I can't fathom, but it sure made me smile! And last night Casey and I wrapped the presents. Here is a picture of my favorite one. It is the kid's present for Jesus.
I cannot wait to see what they select! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! May God fill your heart with joy and peace as you ponder the greatest gift of all- Immanuel, God with Us.

1 comment: