Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Have You Actually Prayed About It?

"Should I go to Haiti this summer?"

"Should I commit to sponsoring the DAILY before school prayer club at school?"

These are a couple of questions that Casey and I have asked each other over the last week.  They are not life-changers, but they were questions we struggling with.  In discussing the pros and cons of each situation, we discovered that while we were struggling to find the answer, we hadn't actually taken the time to pray about it.

It is easy sometimes, for me to think I HAVE prayed about something, but really I've done nothing more than think it over, maybe with Christian music in the background in the car.  I mean God already knows my thoughts, right?

There is a difference though, between thinking things through, and truly getting alone and quiet before God, seeking His heart and will.

"If anyone of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."  
                                                                                                                                               James 1: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment