Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What are you waiting for?

I have something that I need to do and I don't want to do it. It involves taking an emotional risk with someone that is not entirely safe. I know that once I finally do it, I will be relieved. I even kind of know that this part- the waiting and dragging it out and dreading it- is probably worse than actually dealing with the thing. I read this today:
Jeremiah 1:17-19 Get up and get dressed. Go out, and tell them whatever I tell you to say. Do not be afraid of them, or I will make you look foolish in front of them. For see, today I have made you immune to their attacks. You are strong like a fortified city that cannot be captured, like an iron pillar or bronze wall. None of the kings, officials, priests or people of Judah will be able to stand against you. They will try, but they will fail. For I am with you, and I will take care of you. I, the Lord, have spoken.

I love the get up and get dressed part. In my head I hear "Erika, put your big girl panties and DO the thing!". (I think I got that from Beth Moore.)

Jeremiah's task was much bigger than my own- so what am I waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. You go do that thing, girl, and I'll be here to cheer you on, pray and listen after...

    ReplyDelete