Wednesday, January 20, 2010


For the past two weeks I had been struggling with worry and anxiety over our next adoption. I was worrying about everything from paperwork errors to when would I be traveling, to leaving the kids, to future surgery outcomes. I knew it was not right to be worrying like this and I wanted to place my trust firmly in Christ, but how? I just couldn't break out.

But then I read this devotion by Sarah Young in the book Jesus Calling, and it just totally set my mind at ease:

"...there are treacherous-looking waves in the distance. Fix your eyes on Me, the One who never changes. By the time those waves reach you, they will have shrunk to proportions of My design. I am always beside you, helping you face today's waves."

Ahh, the relief. The waves will come. They may be big or small, gentle or rough, by they are waves designed for specifically for me. Thank you, Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment