Tuesday, August 16, 2011

'Twas the Night Before

'Twas the night before 5th, 2nd and 1st grade...

Ahhh.

8:15pm and the kids are in bed.

Yes!

Tomorrow's clothes are laid out, backpacks at the ready, camera on the table, and I know what contents of the lunchboxes will be.

Check.

Can you tell that this mama is just fine with the kids starting school tomorrow? Sure, I've been plenty reflective over the last few days, reminiscing over the physical and emotional growth of my children this summer. I cannot believe I will have all four kids in school all day this year! Sure, I've suffered mom guilt over realizing we didn't spend enough time practicing reading over the summer, and I only busted out the math fact flashcards a pathetically few times.

But, we did spend LOTS of quality time together. We made some serious memories together this summer! I'll take that over academic success any day.

I know I'll be choking back the tears as I wave those goodbyes from the playground tomorrow, but this mama is ready for a little time off. A second cup of coffee, a walk around the lake, a magazine (gasp!)- and then I'll be scooting off to the school to scoop up my kids and hear about everything I missed about their day.

Because while I am READY for a break, those kids are the best part of my day. I just need a little morning to my self so I can fully appreciate them again :)

Happy Back to School!

I'll leave you with one of my favorite memories of this summer, Sitota eating her birthday cake while hula-hooping, cause that's how she rolls.



No comments:

Post a Comment